CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS
UNIONVILLE MUSIC PARENTS' ASSOCIATION
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this Organization shall be the Unionville Music Parents' Association (UMPA).
ARTICLE II: PURPOSE
The purpose of the Organization shall be to support the students, directors and programs of the Unionville High School Music Department. (Please see the attached Addendum regarding the UMPA and the newly organized Unionville Marching Band Boosters.)
The purpose of this Organization shall be to serve the needs, as they are identified, in support of the activities of the Unionville High School Music Department. The following are some of the obvious areas of responsibility, but in no way is this list intended to be conclusive:
1. Concert refreshments
2. Promotion of the music program
3. Special requests from the music directors
4. Special music events
5. Music banquet and awards ceremony
6. Senior recognition
7. Concert attire
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP
Every parent of a student participating in a group associated with the music department under the leadership of the UHS music directors is automatically a member of this organization and is asked to offer support to the UHS Music program as specified in the objectives of this Club.
ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS
1. The officers of the organization shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
2. Annual elections shall be held at the last scheduled meeting of each school year. The term of office will begin at the close of that meeting and officers will serve for one year.
3. Duties and responsibilities of the officers are to carry out the role of the respective offices in an orderly fashion.
A. The President shall preside at all meetings and shall perform all other duties pertaining to the office.
B. The Vice President shall act as an aide to the President and shall perform all duties of the President in the absence of that person.
C. The Secretary shall keep the minutes of all meetings and handle correspondence as necessary.
D. The Treasurer shall receive all monies of the club, shall keep an accurate record of receipts and disbursements and shall pay out funds as authorized. The Treasurer shall present a statement of account at every meeting. The Treasurer's records shall be examined annually by the Executive Committee. The Treasurer also maintains separate student accounts specifically designated for student fund raisers.
ARTICLE V: PARENT REPRESENTATIVES
A Parent Representative is to be designated by UMPA from each music department. At no time may a Parent Representative be co-serving on the Board of UMBB. The Parent Representatives are to attend Executive Board meetings and general membership meetings. It is the responsibility of the Parent Representative to be the liaison between their appointed music department and the Board. Parent Representatives will have voting privileges.
ARTICLE VI: EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Executive Committee will consist of the Officers, Parent Representatives and Music Directors. The Executive Committee's purpose will be to make decisions between membership meetings, to review the Treasurer's Report and act on other matters as they arise.
ARTICLE VII: MUSIC DIRECTORS
The directors shall act in an advisory capacity with voting privileges.
ARTICLE VIII: COMMITTEES
Committees will be established to support the clubs needs as they are to be met. They will be established to move toward the accomplishment of the purposes listed in Article II.
ARTICLE IX: MEETINGS
1. Usually general membership meetings of the UMPA will be held four times a year (September, November, February, and April).
2. Executive Board meetings will be held at a specified times before the general membership meeting.
3. Special meetings of the Executive Board or general membership can be called by the President. Efforts will be made by email to notify all members concerned of such meetings well in advance.
4. The members present at general membership meetings will constitute a quorum.
5. Voting issues will be carried by the majority of those voting.
ARTICLE X: DISBURSEMENTS
1. Requests for disbursements shall be made in writing or email to the Treasurer and President.
2. Requests for reimbursement must be accompanied by a receipt showing expenses.
3. An expenditure of $200.00 or over must be submitted to the Treasurer and President and approved through majority vote by the Executive Board.
4. Should a check be required that is in excess of $1,000.00, the Treasurer shall obtain written approval by the President prior to release of the check. This approval can be via email.
5. All checks shall require one signature by the Treasurer or President.
6. A minimum balance of $1,000.00 must be maintained in the UMPA bank account.
UMPA Constitution & Bylaws
ARTICLE XI: BUDGET
A budget is to be established before the start of the school year with review at the end of the year.
ARTICLE XII: DUES/DONATIONS
Dues will be required as established by the Board. Add